I recently did a photoshoot using all of our new products that are launching right now, plus some Pixi classics.
If you want to re-create this look (shown above), here is what I did step-by-step:
- Face primer - I smoothed Pixi Flawless & Poreless, a velvety-complexion-creating primer, all over face.
- Eye primer - I used a tiny amount of Pixi Eye Bright Primer from lash line to brow to even out skintone.
- Face - I applied the tinted moisturizer from Pixi Illuminating Tint & Conceal in No.2 Bare Glow all over face & neck, then used the concealer in the cap under eyes and around nose & lips. I applied with my fingers to warm the formula for a super natural result.
- Eye liner - I curled lashes to prep for eye makeup application. Next, I used the new Pixi Lash Line Ink to "dot" the formula into both upper and lower lash lines, then connected the dots to form a thin line.
- Eye shadow - I chose the new Pixi Shade Quartette in Shades of Nude, blending the deeper tones into crease & around the eye and the lighter shades on browbone, inner & outer corners of eye.
- Smoke it up - I used my all time smoky favorite tool, Pixi Lid&Line in Smoky Black. The crayon end was used all around the eye, then was blended out with the powder end. On both upper and lower inner rims of the eye, I used POPbeauty In-Liner in the shade In Black.
- Lashes - I applied 2 coats of the new Pixi Large Lash Mascara, letting each layer dry in between.
- Cheeks - With a large fluffy brush, I dusted the new Pixi Beauty Blush in Rosy Rouge across cheekbones.
- Lips - I kept lips pale & pretty with Pixi Succulent Lip Twin in Opal Orchid, so that they did not compete with the smoky eye.
Find Shade Quartette at: http://www.pixibeauty.com/eyes/shade-quartette
We just launched these 3 tone-on-tone wheels of coordinated shades for the ultimate natural eye this fall - the idea being that if you love nudes, this palette gives you 4 perfect nudes in different tones and textures. This is the same with the taupe & peach versions. The shades that we have chosen look harmonized when used together on the eye, so there is no extra effort needed to match up the right colours for a look.
When I checked my own makeup bag before coming up with this concept, I found several nudes in different lightness and tones, some matte and some with sparkles...and I use them all! So hopefully - in these quartettes, every shade will be your new favorite!
Below, you can see the colours swatched on light, medium and olive skintones in our Pixi studio.
LASH LINE INKFuller looking lashes, anyone? I'll take some too!
No problem - we can fake that with this amazingly precise and easy-to-use (yes, really!) ink liner.
Create precision lash enhancement by taking the pen and "dotting" it straight into the root of the lashes, using the super-fine point of the liner. This is enough to naturally enhance lash line & eye shape.
If you want more definition, you simply connect the dots like we did in the step-by-step below, angling the pen sideways to get a smooth line. The ergonomically designed handle with flexible tip makes this easy.
Tip: Place a mirror on a table in front of you and support your arm by putting your elbow on the table. Look down into mirror and start dotting - I like to do one small dot between each lash.
Find Lash Line Ink at: www.pixibeauty.com/eyes/lash-line-ink
- Up to 12 hour stay, waterproof, non-feathering & quick drying
- With flexible precision tip, formula goes on smooth
- Formulated without parabens, sulfates & phthalates
- Dermatologically approved
See our picture tutorial below to see how to create fuller looking lashes - dot the tip into upper lash root for extra eye definition.
LARGE LASH MASCARALarge brush creates large lashes!
Yep, a large brush definitely helps to deposit a lot of mascara all at once, and when the formula is this thickening, it REALLY plumps! Which is exactly what we want!
Find Large Lash Mascara at: www.pixibeauty.com/eyes/large-lash-mascara
- Extreme volume & intense colour
- Oversized brush creates large lashes, separating & building volume in one sweep
- Added vitamin E, panthenol, bamboo and olive extracts to nourish & condition lashes
- Smudge-proof, ophthalmologically approved, paraben & fragrance free
Personally, right now I love black mascara on top lashes and brown on bottom lashes for a natural-with-a-twist look. It looks fresh and efortlessly modern.
NATURAL BROW DUO
Brows frame the whole face.
Yes it is true - having naturally shaped and groomed brows really is the "dot over the i" when it comes to makeup application. It is the finishing touch and the thing that brings it all together and finishes a face off nicely.
The way you do it, however, REALLY is key to this going in the right direction - the aim is NOT to make your brows look dark and painted on. You want to naturally fill in what's there to frame the eyes & face.
My rule is maximum 1 shade deeper than your brow colour if you are blond (a natural blond that is!). If you are - like me - a brunette, the key is to keep the colour the same as your hair or even a touch lighter and more taupe-y and grey. Too dark brows are very aging and "angry" looking - not what we want to achieve!:) - and anything with a hint of red on a brunette will not look natural.
Tip: Use short, light strokes for subtle colour. Press harder for darker brows or if you want more colour.
Find Natural Brow Duo at: http://www.pixibeauty.com/eyes/natural-brow-duo
- Waterproof brow pencil with angled tip for precise application on one end + tinted soft-hold gel that keeps unruly brows in place on the other end
- One colour suits all
- Fragrance free
- Dermatologically approved
Watch the video below, where I show you how to use the Natural Brow Duo:
I hope you are excited to try our new products and get inspired to try something new for fall!
As usual, you can try Pixi in a Target store near you, in our boutique in London, or on our website at www.pixibeauty.com (our UK site ships worldwide now!).
Until next time, take care & stay Pixi pretty!